Customer Reviews 8 item(s)
- Great quality.
- I am very please with my DDM4V5LW. I purchased it brand new in April 2014 for my 45th birthday present. I own other firearms, but this was my first "AR-15" as most people call them.
- Best rifle I have ever shot!
- I have built rifles and I have a BCM rifle . But SHTF ever happens in this country it would be my go to set up I have in a box I built in my explorer DDV5 lw 2 Glock 17s mos model and my mayflower rig
- Excellent Rifle! Won't Disappoint!
- This was my first Gun and AR15... without a doubt a great choice.
I've put approximately 1000 rounds through it in the last 1.5 years and have yet to get a malfunction with any of the ammo I've fired. I mostly shoot American Eagle 5.56 but have tried Wolf .223 and other cheap ammo known to be "Unreliable" and "dirty".... they all shoot fine. The gun is capable at sub 1 inch groups at 100 yards with ball ammo. I have not gotten the chance to stretch it's legs yet, but I have high hopes. I plan on putting match ammo through at 300 yards this summer and see what happens.
The fit and finish of all the parts is nearly perfect. Their is minimal play between the upper and lower receivers. It can be a little difficult to get accessories on the rail at first, but it's built to spec and will work with any in-spec accessories. The Daniel Defense Furniture (Stock, Vertical Grip, and Pistol Grip) that came on mine is great, I wouldn't recommend swapping it out unless you have something you know for sure you like more. Its fairly light and comfortable but is sturdy enough that it won't break easily. I would like to add that the Pistol Grip incorporates an enlarged trigger guard, which I absolutely love. I can easily get a gloved finger in.
The rifle has plenty of QD points for slings. One on each side of the stock, one under the buffer tube on the lower receiver, and two on each end of the rail (Left and right sides for a total of 4).
The internal parts are perfect, they will show ware like any other part but hold up like they should. the Gas key is properly staked and the BCG is built like a tank.
All and all, the rifle shoots very soft due to the mid-length gas system. I get minimal gas back in my face when firing. The Daniel Defense Flash Hider works well in eliminating flash, and mitigating muzzle climb.
The trigger is good. It's nothing worth bragging about, but it's about as good as a mil-spec trigger can be. It's consistent, clean, and crisp. the reset is very pronounced and is impossible to miss, even in stressful situations. The selector is very crisp and easy to swap. It's either on safe, or fire.... it won't get stuck in between.
Here are my only gripes about the rifle. One is that it doesn't come with sights. I wish it would come with some flip up sights or even fixed sights out of the box. I don't think it would be a terrible idea for Daniel Defense to make their own flip up BUIS and put them on the rifles. My only other complaint is the hard case. You can't fit a loaded rifle with an optic or a rifle with a Vertical grip and an optic in it.
- I recently bought this rifle and took it shooting. Only fired about 100 rounds but I got to say; it was amazing. The rifle had no malfunctions whatsoever. I was able to score 1-inch groups at 50 yards with iron sights. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
- Do not hesitate buy it!!
- Impeccable quality,very soft shooting and great value AR15 in the market
- Thank you
- I've have two of yours and looking for my third and fourth to purchase within the next 60 days.
DD rifle are the best on the market so many of my family and friends who find me at our local gun range always ask if I don't mind letting them pull a few rounds. It seems like the next time I see them at the same range they always have a brand new Daniel Defense carbine in third gun case. They all love the quality and price too.
Thank you for building us such nice weapons.
- great rifle
- one thousand rounds and zero problems.
- No. Better. Rifle.
- I was looking for an M4-similar weapon that I once carried in the Marine Corps during combat missions. The gun dealer put a Daniel Defense rifle in my hands, which was a manufacturer that I was not familiar with, and I immediately knew this weapon would be a lifelong asset to my family's safety. Light, ultra-comfortable and extremely rigid to the touch, my DDM4 V5 LW is the choice go-to weapon if I ever need to use it. Thank you Daniel Defense for making quality products that confirm my training and experience will be backed by this steadfast and reliable rifle if the need should arise.