The Daniel Defense M4A1 features the M4A1 RIS II, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II Weapons System since 2005. The M4A1 features a 14.5” Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. The new independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters and is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and operator. The M4A1 is available in black as well as our Mil Spec + Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5″ M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7076-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
Subject to credit approval. No Down Payment. Payment example based on Annual Percentage Rate of 15.99%.
|Muzzle Thread||1⁄2×28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.74 lbs|
|Length||31 ½” – 34 ¾”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design for reduced flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
FUN FUN FUNI was a little disappointed in the beginning with the chambering. It just kept misfeeding.i actually put it away for years. Then I purchase steal mags for it and every week I can't wait to shoot it again!!! Can't go wrong! I chose the MIL SPEC+ and I just love it!
Worth every pennyThis is by far the best AR I’ve put my hands on. I purchased my M4A1 this past summer after years of wanting one and I couldn’t be happier. The quality and craftsmanship can’t be denied! I’ve put a wide variety of ammo through it and it just slings it out no problem. I’m up to about 4,500 rounds.
Excellent! Could not be better!My favorite right away! It's accurate, and a lot of fun to shoot, inspires confidence, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Great rifle. Great customer service.Bought an M4A1 for my birthday and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Fun to shoot, easy on the eyes, and simply a rugged weapon. Then you talk about customer service, I just talked to Ken in warranties, literally the nicest guy ever (requesting a catalog and a few other items). Great rifle, great company.
Quality In Every PartI was overwhelmed with the superior quality of my new Daniel Defense M4A1. The rifle looks and feels like a piece of fine craftsmanship. A pleasure to shoot! I am the envy of my friends.
Better than what I was issued in the Navy.Great rifle, still waiting for my background to clear but can’t wait to put it to work.
Outstanding riffleThis rifle has been my introduction to firearms and my first AR15, and it is one fine piece of machinery. The quality of this item has helped me become familiarized with a AR15 platform greatly. This rifle is awesome, cool looking, and just amazing, the guys at Daniel Defense are putting out grade A1A products. This is a definite buy item if you love AR15 platform or wish to purchase your first rifle and are unsure of where to start, DD is the way.
Go-to rifleI own many AR’s and this is by far my favorite. I’ve put about 5,000 rounds through it so far, everything from match ammo to cheap steel-case and I’ve never had a malfunction. Very well-made rifle!
Best rifle I own, I bought it for training for spec warGreatest rifle I own, do a lot of training, the rail is the best I’ve had and I hate m lok. I like full quad for grip, real estate and look. It enables me to fully use this to the best advantage.
Awesome rifleBought one today!! I am extremely happy with it. The best rifle in my collection.