The M4A1 AR15 style firearm features the RIS II picatinny quad rail, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD Block II program since 2005. The M4A1 is built around a 14.5 inch Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. The M4A1 is available with an FDE rail as well as our Mil Spec + Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5" M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.74 lbs|
|Length||31 1/2” – 34 ¾”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Absolutely Stellar; Everything I Could Ask For and MoreBought a DD M4A1 Mil-Spec+ for Recreational and Home-Defense use (5.56 has its uses in Rural Homes), and for my first AR-15, its performance has not dissapointed thus far. This product is capable of drilling nails out of the box, and so far haven't experienced a single malfunction bar one because of user error. Control surfaces are smooth to operate. The DD Magazine included is incredibly ergonomic, easy to load, and the two extra "Surprise Rounds" as I refer to them ensure you won't have to reload as often as other AR Magazines.
If you're considering buying one, I can assure you; this Rifle is worth every cent you'll pay. Just take thirty minutes with it and you'll find out why Daniel Defense is such a prestigious name in the Firearm Industry.
None betterNo one makes them better. Same rifle i carried in Iraq/Afghanistan. No detail is overlooked. Big price tag but screams quality.5 moa all day long.
Screw the rest buy the bestPurchased mine at Point Blank in greenwood indiana. In my opinion when it comes to an all around weapon this is the absolute top notch rifle that DD makes. Sure you could say they have good long range rifles and good SBR. However when it comes to having the best of both worlds...look no further! If you're contemplating on whether or not you should get one...do what I did..buy once cry once
Top notchSimply the best m4 money can buy. Carried this rifle on 70 plus combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Never had a issue. Accuracy is incredible. Get one!!!
Nicest rifle I've ever purchasedMade from the highest quality parts, this is the best of the best.
America’s RifleThis is every bit as reliable as the DD we carried in country. Be decisive buy this now.
Just Wow!!My 1st AR ever and I went with the Best!! Super smooth and well made. I was completely impressed with
my M4A1. Great work DD
Great investmentAbsolutely great AR, feels incredible and shoots like a beast, Absolutely love it
The bestI buy my first DD M4A1 brown in december 2020. Equiped with Aimpoint PRO, green laser Wilco international, Harris bipod and ASE UTRA dual suppresor. The price in France for this AR15 is about 3500 USD.... But great product. Some of my friends now buy DD (MK18...).
The ultimate ARLove it, feel like I belong on seal team six with this DD. No flaws and the ultimate experience.