The M4A1 AR15 style firearm features the RIS II picatinny quad rail, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD Block II program since 2005. The M4A1 is built around a 14.5 inch Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. The M4A1 is available with an FDE rail as well as our Mil Spec + Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5" M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.74 lbs|
|Length||31 1/2” – 34 ¾”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
The ultimate ARLove it, feel like I belong on seal team six with this DD. No flaws and the ultimate experience.
More than worth it!Bought it last month or so, and I've been in love with it. The rifle is exactly what I was looking for, and it is obvious why Daniel Defense is a DOD workhorse.
M4A1 - top notchI purchased an M4A1 directly from DD's website, shipped to a preferred FFL with no transfer fee and free shipping. Super fast shipping. Can't be beat! Awesome weapon with awesome perks. Thanks DD!!
Simply outstandingBought this gun a few weeks ago and it’s one of the best AR I have. Smooth, simple, good looking and the lever action is great. The accessories are a unlimited. Leave it the way it is or customize to the way you like it. It’s the AR your friend want and get jealous about.
Outstanding!Love this rifle! High quality.
M4A1 Online Homepage PurchaseBought direct from DD website using preferred partner. Experience was fantastic took less than 4 days for rifle to show up at store for pick up. No shipping or FFL transfer fee, can't do better than that for online.
Rifle is great, very light and has many options and adjustments for people of all sizes. Best purchase made in a very long time.
In LoveBest rifle I’ve had my hands on, shoots like a charm, amazing design and assembly, feels like a million bucks.
10/10The pinnacle of the AR15. Nothing even comes close to this rifle, not even Noveske.
awesome riflethe balance on this gun is great as the saying goes you get what you pay for and this gun is worth it. Only negative thing have to say is trigger pull is little heavy wish it was 5lb pull you wont regret buying this gun
Great RifleI purchased this rifle a while back but held my review until I shot multiple times. This rifle is a great functioning/looking rifle. I am 6'5 and had no issues handling this rifle for those questioning their height capabilities on this rifle. The grip and handle on this rifle are above those I normally use through department issued rifles in law enforcement. This rifle has the space to add your favorite add-ons that you may need. My one negative if I had to give one because nothing is perfect I had to work alittle to get the Picatinny foregrip on which I added on as a personal touch. Enjoy and Be safe! PewPew