The M4A1 AR15 style firearm features the RIS II picatinny quad rail, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD Block II program since 2005. The M4A1 is built around a 14.5 inch Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. The M4A1 is available in multiple finishes, including black or FDE rail as well as our Mil Spec + Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5" M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.74 lbs|
|Length||31 1/2” – 34 ¾”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Outstanding!Love this rifle! High quality.
M4A1 Online Homepage PurchaseBought direct from DD website using preferred partner. Experience was fantastic took less than 4 days for rifle to show up at store for pick up. No shipping or FFL transfer fee, can't do better than that for online.
Rifle is great, very light and has many options and adjustments for people of all sizes. Best purchase made in a very long time.
In LoveBest rifle I’ve had my hands on, shoots like a charm, amazing design and assembly, feels like a million bucks.
10/10The pinnacle of the AR15. Nothing even comes close to this rifle, not even Noveske.
awesome riflethe balance on this gun is great as the saying goes you get what you pay for and this gun is worth it. Only negative thing have to say is trigger pull is little heavy wish it was 5lb pull you wont regret buying this gun
Great RifleI purchased this rifle a while back but held my review until I shot multiple times. This rifle is a great functioning/looking rifle. I am 6'5 and had no issues handling this rifle for those questioning their height capabilities on this rifle. The grip and handle on this rifle are above those I normally use through department issued rifles in law enforcement. This rifle has the space to add your favorite add-ons that you may need. My one negative if I had to give one because nothing is perfect I had to work alittle to get the Picatinny foregrip on which I added on as a personal touch. Enjoy and Be safe! PewPew
Rock Solid RifleAwesome rifle! Have owned many AR style rifles (including SCAR 16S). Build quality is on-par if not better than the SCAR. Minor cosmetic damage to the standard butt-stock pad included with rifle, other than that extremely happy camper. Will enjoy this rifle for a lifetime!
Impressive, reliable and dependableThe most reliable and dependable rifle in my inventory. It's comfortable to shoot and when I'm teaching someone else to shoot, they like my DDMA1 the best. I went with the MILSPEC Cerakote brown version and love it. I and others like the looks, the balance, the comfort of the buttstock as well as the felt recoil. I can't say enough about the reliability. My go-to rifle for myself or teaching someone else is my DDM4A1.
American craftsmanship at it's finestIf I had to choose only 1 rifle, shotgun or pistol this would be it. Like socks straight from the dryer it just makes you feel good. When I head down range and see that nice tight grouping, it makes the time I spend earning the money to pay for it was worth every second. There are 3 things in life you never go cheap on! Your wife's wedding ring, your tools, and your firearms. If shit gets real, having any Daniel Defense weapon in your hands is the smart choice. Stay frosty, keep your families safe, and fuck the bozos!
AMAZING!!!YOU WON’T REGRET BUYING THE M4A1! I saw this at my local range for sale. At first I was hesitant to purchase and waited one day to buy it. It came down to Daniel Defense and Colt. Man I am SO GLAD I went with Daniel Defense. The M4A1 has an amazing feel to it. You can tell it was built to last from the first time you pick it up. It not only shoots solid but is built solid as well. I can not speak enough about how well this gun performs. It was made to perform. I have friends and family members who want one after time in the range with it. Although not cheap, you get what you pay for. And you get an absolutely incredible firearm. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the M4A1. This is my first Daniel Defense firearm but most certainly will not be my last. Enjoy it if you are lucky enough to find one right now. Thanks Daniel Defense for the M4A1.