Firearm Purchase Terms & Conditions
It is the customer's responsibility to follow all federal, state, and local Laws. All firearms MUST be transferred to the BUYER (ACTUAL PURCHASER) at your selected or chosen Federal Firearms Licensee ("FFL"). A valid U.S. and/or state government issued identification document, or combination of government issued documents, which reflect the buyer’s current residential address must be presented at the selected FFL location prior the completion of any firearm-related paperwork and background check initiation. The actual purchaser must be 18 years of age or older to purchase long guns. The actual purchaser must be 21 years of age or older to purchase handguns, pistols and/or silencers. Certain states have different, and usually more stringent laws regarding such matters as a firearm buyer’s age, the type of firearm configuration that may be possessed in that state, and prior state licensing to acquire some or all firearms types. Daniel Defense complies with such requirements.
Depending on the selected FFL and firearm type, additional identification credentials may be required. The actual buyer must personally fill out BATFE Form 4473 as well as any applicable state and/or local forms. If a prospective buyer is unable to read, write and/or complete the required firearm paperwork, such a prospective buyer is invited to contact the FFL to discuss potential accommodations that may be available depending on the circumstances. Upon completion of all required forms, the FFL will conduct a required background check on the buyer (actual purchaser) in accordance with their policies and all federal, state, and local laws. The FFL may, depending on state law, be able to accept a valid alternative to a NICS background check through the use of state firearms or concealed carry permit approved by ATF for such purposes. In certain states, a fee is associated with the background check; the purchaser is responsible for this fee. For any additional questions pertaining to waiting periods, the background check process, and/or the firearm transfer process, please consult the firearm laws of the state where your desired pick-up FFL is located as well as your home state, county, and city laws and regulations. For your reference, please consult the following publications: ATF Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide and ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms
Customers wanting to have firearms shipped to an FFL not listed on our website (DanielDefense.com) are required to contact Daniel Defense’s Customer Service. Daniel Defense will make shipping arrangements if the FFL, as an independent firearms dealer, meets the company’s criteria for compliance with federal and state law.
Firearm transfers to FFLs are potentially subject to an FFL transfer fee (charged by the independent firearms dealer), applicable taxes (if required), background check (if required), background check fee (if any), and waiting period (if any). A customer selecting an independent firearms dealer for shipment/transfer must certify that they are the actual buyer/transferee before purchase. This information will be provided to the participating firearm dealer. Independent firearm dealers may have additional firearm transfer policies; complying with these will be the responsibility of the customer and independent dealer.
FIREARM BUYER ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
- I CERTIFY THAT I AM THE ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER (PURCHASER) OF THE FIREARM(S) ON THIS ORDER, AND DANIEL DEFENSE WILL ONLY TRANSFER THE FIREARM(S) TO THE ACTUAL BUYER THROUGH A SELECTED INDEPENDENT FIREARM DEALER ("FFL") WITH VALID U.S. IDENTIFICATION PROVIDED TO THE FFL IN ACCORDANCE WITH DANIEL DEFENSE POLICIES, AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT THE FIREARM(S) I HAVE PURCHASED WILL BE AVAILABLE AT MY SELECTED FFL AND MUST BE PICKED UP BY ME (THE ACTUAL BUYER) AND THAT MY VALID U.S. PHOTO IDENTIFICATION AND METHOD OF PAYMENT WILL BE VERIFIED AT THE STORE PRIOR TO DELIVERY OF ANY FIREARM(S).
- I DECLARE THAT I AM 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IF BUYING A LONG GUN*; OR THAT I AM 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IF BUYING A HANDGUN AND/OR OTHER TYPE OF FIREARM. THE BUYER’S AGE WILL BE VERIFIED DURING THE FIREARM PAPERWORK PROCESS. *SOME STATES MAY IMPOSE ADDITIONAL AGE RESTRICTIONS.
- I UNDERSTAND IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLY WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS REGARDING FIREARM TRANSFER AND OWNERSHIP.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT ADDITIONAL STATE BACKGROUND CHECK FEES MAY APPLY (E.G. TRANSFERS TAKING PLACE IN CA, CO, NV, OR, TN, UT, VA, ETC.) AND WILL NEED TO BE PAID BY ME AT THE FFL LOCATION.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT IF MY BACKGROUND CHECK IS NOT APPROVED, A REFUND WILL BE MADE FOR THE FIREARM IN ACCORDANCE WITH DANIEL DEFENSE REFUND POLICIES. ANY ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND CHECK FEES AND/OR FFL TRANSFER FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER THE FIREARM IS TRANSFERRED TO ME, THE SALE IS CONSIDERED FINAL AND THE FIREARM IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT ANY WARRANTY CLAIMS MADE AFTER TRANSFER WILL BE HANDLED BY THE MANUFACTURER AND/OR AUTHORIZED WARRANTY REPAIR FACILITY.
- UNCLAIMED ORDERS (OR ORDERS WITH NO PAPERWORK INITIATION) AFTER A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME WILL BE CONSIDERED CANCELLED.
- BY PURCHASING A FIREARM FROM DANIEL DEFENSE, I AGREE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS.
FIREARM BUYING FAQ'S:
WHAT TYPE OF IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT DO I NEED TO PICK UP MY FIREARM?
A U.S. and/or state government issued photo identification valid at the time of background check initiation that displays full legal name, date of birth, and current residential address (e.g. Driver’s License, State Issued Identification Card, Certain States’ Concealed Firearm Permits, etc.).
THE ADDRESS PRINTED ON MY DRIVER’S LICENSE IS NOT CORRECT, WHAT SUPPLEMENTAL DOCUMENTATION DO I NEED TO BRING TO PICK UP MY FIREARM?
If you have updated your address with the government entity (e.g. DMV) that issued it, your driver’s license may still be used for identification and date of birth verification purposes only. Another valid U.S. and/or state government issued document that contains your name and current residential address can be used to supplement your driver’s license as proof of current residence (e.g. Vehicle Registration, Voter Identification Card, Concealed Firearm Permit, etc.).
I DON’T LIVE IN THE SAME STATE AS MY DESIRED PICK-UP LOCATION; CAN I STILL ORDER A FIREARM ONLINE?
Handguns may only be transferred to residents of the state where the transaction is taking place. Under certain circumstances, long-guns may be transferred to residents of different states. If you are uncertain, please consult the firearm laws of the state where your desired pick-up FFL is located as well as your home state, county, and city. For your reference, please consult the following publications: ATF Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide and ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I’M UNSURE THAT I CAN PASS A FIREARM BACKGROUND CHECK?
Consult with your local authorities and/or private legal counsel.
WHAT IF MY BACKGROUND CHECK IS DENIED? CAN I HAVE MY SPOUSE, RELATIVE, OR ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL PICK UP THE FIREARM?
No. If your background check is denied, the purchase price of the firearm will be refunded to the original buyer (a restocking fee may apply) at the selected store location. Another person picking up a firearm on behalf of a prohibited individual is committing a “straw purchase”. This is a very serious federal crime punishable by a fine of up to $250,000.00 and 10 years in prison. A newly enacted federal law authorizes even more severe punishment for this offense under certain special circumstances.