The DDM4 V7 AR15 style firearm features M-LOK attachment technology with the Daniel Defense MFR 15.0 rail. Built around a Cold Hammer Forged, 16 inch barrel, the V7 has a DD improved Flash Suppressor to reduce flash signature. The mid-length gas system provides smooth and reliable cycling under any condition and reduces both perceived recoil and wear on moving parts. With the M-LOK attachment points that run along 7 positions and an uninterrupted 1913 Picatinny rail on top, the V7 has plenty of room for the sights, optics, and accessories the user may require. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 16" Government Profile, Mid-length Gas System, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense MFR 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, M-LOK Attachment, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Made in the USA!
|1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
|32 1/4" – 35 7/8”
|Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Features M-LOK attachment technology
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
- Terrific weaponAfter looking at many AR style 556 rifles including Ruger, Sig, Savage and others, I settled on the DDM4V7 MilSpec version. The action and smooth operation right out of the box impressed me. I like the ergonomic inserts on the stock, grip and handle. It just felt better than the others. I mated it with a 1-4 24mm Trijicon scope. The two together was considerably more expensive than others I looked at. But wow. I bore sighted the scope and then took it to the range. The first three rounds were touching each other at 50 yards about and inch below the bull. After one adjustment I put every follow up round dead in the bullseye. In ten shots I virtually eliminated the center bull and was shooting through the hole on subsequent rounds. My only complaint was the trigger pull. It is a MilSpec trigger with a hefty 7lb pull. Ok for the field but not great for precision shooting. But I knew this going in, so I don't discount my rating because that is what is was supposed to be. I did remove the factory trigger and dropped in a Timney single stage trigger set at 2.7lb. I am truly amazed at the accuracy of this rifle right out of the box. I did not intend to spend this much money on a AR rifle, but this is a beautiful weapon that will provide me with many years of use and enjoyment.
- Superior CraftsmanshipI couldn’t be any happier with my mil spec + DDM4V7. Pulling it out of the box for the first time and seeing the quality of finish and knowing that every part of rifle went through a quality control inspection gives me piece of mind. And taking the first shots seeing how accurate it shoots and how incredible and feels in my hands is better than I ever expected. Thank you to the entire DD team. Keep up the amazing work….
- Unbelievable QualityThis was such a clear decision to make when I went looking for an AR. The impecable quality of their AR build is truly second to none....I've never had a second thought about my decision since I acquired the DDV4v7. There are many makes and models out there and while decisions are made for many reasons there was no regret on my part. -S
- DDM4V7Well worth the wait and the price. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. The build quality is superior, attention to detail, and the accuracy of this rifle is phenomenal. If your in the market for an AR-15 Daniel Defense will not disappoint.
- One my first AR15 and the bed oneLove the gun beautiful and reliable plus very best one looking forward to taking it to range and use it. Why I went to buy Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 because how it is build very perfectly.
- Premium Rifle and amazing QCI have a pretty decent experience with AR's, having put a thousand or few rounds through a handful of different AR's, so when I talked to a few of my friends and asked them what manufacturers they would suggest, all four of them were very adamant about Daniel Defense. I ended up purchasing a DDM4V7 and when I got home, I extensively looked over the finish of the gun and I have to say I am very impressed. None of the other firearms I have purchased have ever looked this flawless (finish wise) when I purchased them. I looked pretty hard to find even the smallest and hard to see scratches or marks and still couldn't find anything. I can really tell when I pick it up that employees at DD really care about QC and it just feels, looks and shoots like a premium rifle. I have only put about a thousand rounds through the gun, but I have had zero issues, and it shoots like a dream. I doubt whoever worked on my rifle will see this, but a huge thanks to RD who built the upper, ER who built the lower, and DB who was the QA inspector. Very impressed!
- QUALITYOrder my DDM4 V7 and received it within the week. GREAT firearm! Did non-stop research, over the hundreds of manufactures. Being prior military I have a certain feel that I was looking for; and DD nailed it! ALSO, customer service is OUTSTANDING! Seriously, they helped me receive my Military Discount and responded to my correspondences within 24 hours. Hands down the best experience I've had thus far purchasing a firearm!
- Dednutz and light. What's not to like?Have had to shoot at an indoor, 25yd max situation with iron sights and scope during the C-19 months. Moved to a Giessele SDC trigger early and the results were boringly superior both supported and freehand in any stance.
Today had the opportunity to scope it on 100yds with a 10mph crosswind and, after minor windage/elevation adjustments could place overlapping shots. This was using cheap range .223 and some 62gr 5.56 for comparison. The DDmV7 barrel and smooth operation only leaves room for your excuses when you don't hit the mark and Well worth the price.
- DDM4V7I final traded in my sig 556xi for this beautiful rifle. The thing is a beast
- My Dream AR...I don't have alot to add to all the other 5star reviews,without a doubt the best AR I have ever held or shot....EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MORE!! You'll not find a better rifle...PERIOD!!