The MK12 AR15 style firearm is the evolution of the special purpose rifle. It's constructed around an 18-inch Stainless Steel barrel with a chamber created during the Cold Hammer Forging process, which ensures the most precise alignment of the chamber to the bore possible. This, along with being DLC finished, equates to unprecedented accuracy and durability. The MK12 barrel is engineered with a rifle-length direct impingement gas system and utilizes the MK12 gas block, which is built to Crane (Naval Surface Warfare Division) Specifications for USSOCOM. The upper receiver is equipped with a 12 inch free floating picatinny quad rail for your choice of optics and accessories, independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle that accommodates left- and right-handed shooters, and is finished off with a Daniel Defense Improved Flash Suppressor. This precision rifle is equipped with the Geissele SSA 2-Stage Trigger to give the marksman an advantage for precise fire to the target.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Proprietary Blend of Stainless Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 18" MK12 Profile, DLC Finished, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: MK12 Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of hardened 416 Stainless Steel with Black Oxide Coating, Rifle-Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail 12.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||7.41 lbs|
|Length||34 3/4" – 37 7/8”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Fantastic RifleI received my DD MK12 about 2 months ago and have put about 500 rounds through it. The MK12 shoots like a dream - not a single misfire out of the 500 rounds. I will only compare it to my other best rifle - a Knights SR15 LPR. I like the MK12 better. Both are highly accurate rifles, but my MK12 is about .5 MOA better at 300 yards. I shoot both of these at 600 yards, and while I won't give an MOA comparison (due to the many factors involved when shooting a AR15s at 600 yards) I can say that I'm more consistent with the MK12. I like the trigger much better than the KAC SR15's. What can DD do to improve the MK12? The only change I would recommend is a right side bolt catch. My KAC has a right side bolt catch and it is very handy. The other issue with the Knights SR15 is that many parts are almost impossible to obtain. DD's customer service and parts availability are both excellent. I will never purchase another KAC for because of the parts issue alone. If you are looking for a highly accurate, dependable, great shooting rifle, spend a little more and get the MK12.
Awesome buildGot last upper from midway for my roomate. Built his preban lower from essential arms with a custom polished mil spec trigger group . Shoots sub 1/2” groups with a nice vortex 1-6 with just the 55gr ball so far once ammo is back we will test with some of that nice mark 262 but ball is shooting great. I thought he should have went fixed stock but the dd collapsible is very solid. The grip is very comfortable. I still think a2 stock on this bad boy though. Running the stock bcg with guiselle braided spring feels awesome. Stock a2 dd flash hider is better in all ways than cheap a2 one. Awesome looking barrel thick and impressive finish. The balance is front heavy but very light overall. A nice lightweight ar optic would be better than heavy vortex. Maybe an acog 4x. Sweet rig either way...
Fantastic ProductWow! Owning this MK12 Is the best gun purchase I have ever made. Got on the range with my Red Dot and 3x Magnifier and was in perfect zero immediately. Love the ease and smoothness of the trigger and balance.
Thank you Daniel Defense for building such a precision rifle. More than worth every dollar I paid.
Right on target immediatelyBest shooting rifle I have ever fired. Long range or short this rifle is dead on.