The M4A1 RIII AR15 style firearm features a fully ambidextrous lower that allows both left- and right-handed shooters to operate the bolt catch, safety selector, and magazine release without having to move or remove their dominant hand from the rifle’s grip. Its GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle is ambidextrous as well. We’ve taken the RIS II picatinny quad rail used on our M4A1 original and replaced it with a 12.5 inch RIS III rail featuring M-LOK attachment for lighter weight while still offering M203 grenade-launcher attachment. Just like the original, the M4A1 RIII is built around a 14.5 inch Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Proprietary with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well, Fully Ambidextrous Controls and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5" M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense RIS III 12.5, Patented, 6-Bolt Bolt-Up System, Flat Dark Earth CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.39 lbs|
|Length||31 1/2” – 34 ¾”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Features M-LOK attachment technology
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Detachable Lower Rail
Lower section is removable without affecting the structural integrity, which allows the M203 grenade launcher (or HK M320 with adapters) to mount to the weapon system without interfering with the barrel harmonics.
RIII QD Points
Integral QD Points on each side near the receiver are flush and eliminate the need to install an aftermarket QD mount.
6-Bolt Bolt-Up System
Patented Bolt-Up System’s 6-bolt design is battle tested and allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation.
Ambi Mag Release
Mag Release is accessible on both sides of the receiver so the shooter does not have to break his/her shooting grip to reach the release.
Ambi Bolt Catch
Bolt Catch is accessible on both sides of the receiver, giving right-handed shooters the ability to lock and release the bolt without having to remove their hand from the grip.