The MK18 AR15 style Upper Receiver Group is unmatched in size, weight, and performance, and features the picatinny quad rail Daniel Defense provides to USSOCOM. The RIS II rail features a Bolt-Up System that has been rigorously tested prior to fielding by USSOCOM. The 10.3 inch Cold Hammer Forged barrel is the same length in use for the MK18 upper most commonly used for CQB operations. Its independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. All Daniel Defense complete upper receiver groups come standard with an M16 profile bolt carrier group.
Once this part is assembled into a complete firearm, it becomes a regulated item by the National Firearms Act (NFA). Please check with your local and state municipalities for any further regulatory requirements. It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure they comply with all NFA rules and applicable laws.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 10.3" Government Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense RIS II MK18, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7076-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels Made from Santoprene, Heat Resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Product Weight||3.5 lbs|
It's exactly what you expectShipped fast, looks great, shoots better.
Tier 1 RifleExtremely reliable rifle and excellent while running CQB. Never had a malfunction while putting that rifle through extreme conditions. This is definitely a top quality product.
OverallHighly recommend this upper. I’ve used many different manufactures and DD surpasses them all.
Happy CustomerJust bought the MK18 complete upper for my latest build and could not be happier. Great aesthetics! Extremely comfortable to shoot and handle. Has a great feel to it. No misfeeds. This is my first DD purchase and extremely happy!
Best investment yet.I debated for months whether or not it would be worth the price. Absolutely love this upper! Lighter, shorter and tough. I am running the muzzle climb mitigator as well and it is so well built. Made going to the range very exciting.
Top QualityHave been running 16” DDM4 for 12 years and never ever had a single hiccup.
Regarding the 10.3” I had issues with some other manufacturers... but recently got the DD MK18.
Cant be more happy. It is solid built, very reliable system and very accurate. Would not go with anything else then Daniel Defense.
Top tier manufacturer!
By the way it was great to deal with Chris M.