To purchase this firearm, contact your local Daniel Defense Dealer.
The MK18 AR15 style firearm is unmatched in size, weight, and performance, and features the picatinny quad rail Daniel Defense provides to USSOCOM. The RIS II picatinny quad rail features a Bolt-Up System that has been rigorously tested prior to fielding by USSOCOM. The 10.3 inch Cold Hammer Forged barrel is the same length in use for the MK18 upper most commonly used for CQB operations. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
This firearm is a regulated item by the National Firearms Act (NFA). Please check with your local and state municipalities for any further regulatory requirements. It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure they comply with all NFA rules and applicable laws.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 10.3" Government Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL LADDERS: 3 low profile ladders made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||5.88 lbs|
|Length||26 3/4"– 29 7/8”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
The best!This is the best gun that I bought in 27 years. Very good quality!!
nicest gun how theirvery well made firearm shoots like a dream
Excellent Balance and AccuracyFormer PD, and Firearms Instructor. The MK18 has excellent balance, even with a suppressor attached. Depending on where you place your Holographic Sight, you are able to balance the rifle on the side of your hand, right at the magazine port. Agreed, minus points for the plastic dust cover. I would have expected metal for the price. Charging handle needs to be ported to relieve gasses during suppression, and larger to accommodate easier and faster charging of the firearm. Overall a 5. Compact platform, light, and applicable for all defensive needs, urban or rural. Accuracy is great.
Amazingwent to sheepdog firearms Saturday October 26 2019 and shot this rifle and was blown away with the performance. This rifle did not jam nor have any failure to feed, it locked back on the last round and the only part that was i guess you could say problematic was the gases. Besides that one thing this rifle is amazing my dad enjoyed shooting it as well just can't wait until I'm 18 hopefully its still around
ICON1 of 3 DD rifles I own. For such a short barrel it’s a tack driver. I run a ta31 on mine and it feels right at home on it. Always get people wanting to shoot it. Such a iconic rifle.
Got this upper through BrownellsBought this upper with my tax return, absolutely love it and also my first DD product ever. This upper sold me for life, next gun or build I do will be Daniel Defense and I'm gonna do the M4A1 next. Most accurate barrel you could ask for, you truly get what you pay for...
Boy do I feel specialI picked up the MK18 Pistol, outfitted it with a Eotech holographic sight and a 3 x magnifier and a weapon light with a pressure pad. This weapon is tact sharp, I love it! Thanks to my wife for loving me that much lol