The DDM4 V9 AR15 style rifle is designed to satisfy the needs of modern shooters, not only in popular shooting sports, but also for tactical and defensive applications. The long, 15 inch picatinny quad rail over a 16 inch Cold Hammer Forged barrel gives the operator the option to have the support hand extended out close to the muzzle allowing them to drive the gun more precisely, and preventing over travel when transitioning between multiple targets. This combined with our mid-length gas system, which is known to have a smoother recoil impulse, allows for quick but precise rapid fire. The longer rail also affords the shooter plenty of real estate for optics and accessories and allows for maximum sight radius for accurate shooting with rail mounted iron sights. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 16" Government Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- GRIP: Daniel Defense Vertical Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.59 lbs|
|Length||32 1/4" – 35 7/8”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Quality 10/10I have owned many “high quality” ar15, however after picking this up and using it a couple of times, I’ve come to realize that none of my other rifles have the fit and finish that this DDM4V9 has. Fantastic job and looking forward to using more products from you guys!
Yes!Can't say enough good things about this rifle. It checks all the boxes. I'm running it with an eotech 512 and a few other accessories that are just personal preferences (Fortis RED break, ambidextrous charging handle, and magpul MBUS pro backups)...there's not a better rifle out there in my opinion. Well done, DD!
V9 reviewMy v9 is one of six dds I own, great rifle, smooth shooting . It has never failed to fire,only up grade was the trigger geissele ssd-e , fitted with my acog, my second favorite dd.
A SUPERB Rifle!!!I picked this rifle because the barrel is completely protected and covered by the picatinny rail giving plenty of space for your support hand with mounted accessories. This is a superb rifle! I own 3 DD firearms. If you're on the fence, the quality and SICK look of the V9 will not disappoint!
Don’t hesitate to Buy this rifleDaniel Defense is amongst the best AR manufacturers in the world. If you haven’t handled one it’s hard to explain their commitment to quality. Their fit and finish, reliability, and customer service is second to none. But their world renown for their cold hammer forged barrels, which is the centerpiece of this rifle and makes the thing an absolute tack driver. I chose the V9 because I’m a fan of the real estate and stoutness of a good ole quad rail. Just buy one and don’t look back.
Second to noneThe DDM4V9 at first seemed like a dud to me. Before taking her to the range I went inside and outfitted it with some parts to suite my shooting style not to say that it was bad to begin with. For the first two years it would constantly fail to cycle even after trying different ammo types and magazines. Upon finally getting around to sending it to DD, my problems were remedied. Within two weeks I received my V9 with plenty of DD swag, a new magazine, and brand new parts. After taking this beast to the range she functioned perfectly. Whenever at work I chuckle thinking how much better my DD is compared to my duty Colt MK18 and other AR-15 pattern rifles. The issues were most likely my fault from modifying and I have to say DD was professional in their fixing of my rifle. Awesome job guys!
First ClassIf you are looking for a AR for self defense or 3gun this is the most comfortable rifle I have ever held. The rifle just fits, I am 6'3 and love the 15 inch rails diameter. This rifle ROCK'S I know I have one of the top 3 AR's on the market. The look, feel, the way it shoots is just beautiful !!!
Solid rifleAfter using many AR platforms the DDm4v9 is the most solid battle ready platform that accommodates all areas of shooting whether it be competition or combat!
Worth the priceAfter shooting a few other brands of AR's this is definitely my go to! For the shooter that wants a very comfortable and quality feeling rifle this is definitely the best!