The DDM4 V7 SLW AR15 style rifle is one of the lightest, fastest-handling rifles available in the DDM4 line-up, tipping the scales at under 6 lbs. Built around a Cold Hammer Forged, 14.5 inch Lightweight profile barrel, the V7 SLW has an Extended Flash Suppressor which is pinned and welded to reach the NFA required 16 inch minimum barrel length. The mid-length gas system provides smooth and reliable cycling under any conditions and reduces both perceived recoil and wear on moving parts. A free-floating MFR 13.5 M-LOK handguard offers incredible weight savings as well as superior cooling, ergonomics, and modularity while maintaining the strength and durability expected from Daniel Defense. With the M-LOK attachment points that run along 7 positions and an uninterrupted 1913 Picatinny rail on top, the V7 SLW has plenty of room for the sights, optics, and accessories the operator may require. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5"" Lightweight Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense MFR 13.5"", CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, M-LOK Attachment, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6-Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Length||31 1/2” – 34 ¾”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
To love or not to loveI finally purchased a Daniel Defense after waiting 11 years. I love the rifle but the biggest problem is sights. What you pay for this rifles they don't come with any kind of sight what so ever. You must purchase them separate. Even budget rifles (Ruger, Smith and Wesson, PSA) come with sights ready to shoot out the box but not a $2,000 rifle. Just something to keep in mind Daniel Defense great rifle just need to put sights on them without the extra prices.
Duty weapon gradeI needed a rifle for patrol purposes after using my departments for so long. I wanted something durable and lightweight and this rifle hit all the check boxes. It's unbelievable how lightweight it is even after adding an Eotech and cloud defensive O.W.l. on it! I switched out the trigger and the groups I get are fantastic easily 1-2 inch groups. Movement around barricades with the rifle and that short barrel is no issue at all, and I can run around with this rifle all day. The only downside I would say is even at that price I still made upgrades like trigger and heavier buffer But if im betting my life on a rifle I'm willing to put extra into it. I highly recommend this rifle and daniel defense if your looking for something lightweight and effective!
Best name in the game.I bought this sporting rifle early in the gun crunch of 2020, it was a fair price and fit the bill for home defense and target shooting. I have around 500 rounds of M855 ball and a few boxes of odd ball ammo, wolf 55gr. 42gr varmint and 69gr match ammo. In all my time with the gun I have had zero malfunctions even after I added a heaver buffer weight to make my H buffer an H2, she just keeps on chugging. The only ding I could have given it was a broken front pivot pin spring/Detent but in Legendary DD fashion they sent me a new spring, detent and pin free of charge no hassle! Over all I have told all my friends to pony up and buy a Daniel Defense rifle if they can it is worth every cent.
Paper clip popper!Did a few upgrades on this rifle to make it more comfortable for me, charging handle, and trigger, but out of the box can shoot paper clips at 25yrds to 100yrds easy. Great accuracy. Extremely pleased with this product. Heats up fast, but that's what you get for a pencil barrel. Suck it up, bc this rifle can get it done. Have it set up for a red dot with a 25yrd zero, and the grouping is less then a dime. Well done DD!
All Around FunctionalityThis is my 3rd AR platform. Coming from 2 RRA builds I was amazed at the overall quality that DD puts out. The SLW offers it all. Great barrel, smooth shooting, and accurate. MLOK system has plenty of room for add ons. The weight of the gun is fantastic and the footprint is slim and sleek. I have just over 2k rounds through the gun with no issues. The gun has quickly become my favorite at the range.
Great light weight accurate carbineI got it because I could not decide between the M4A1 and the DDV7SLW so I bought both. This is my third DD rifle I also own the V9LW and the M4A1. All my Daniel Defense have been accurate and reliable not mentioning how much fun they are to shoot. They cost a bit more in Ukraine where I currently am but it is well worth it.
Excellent, Reliable AR PlatformMy new favorite AR to shoot. I picked up my V7 SLW a year ago now and have put 2000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Accuracy is excellent, even after rapid firing multiple 30 round magazines back to back, never experienced any flyers our inaccurate rounds even when the lightweight profile barrel was running EXTREMELY HOT, it held it’s zero regardless. Fit and finish are 2nd to none, and Daniel Defense quality is like no other. Unbelievable rifle to shoot and I’m loving it more and more each time I shoot it. If you want a quality, reliable rifle that you can depend your life on, give the DDM4 V7 a try. I promise you, you won’t regret it.