The DD5 V4, chambered in either 6.5 Creedmoor or 7.62x51mm NATO, provides users of the Daniel Defense semi-automatic platform even greater long-range precision shooting capability. The highly popular 6.5 Creedmoor takes advantage of superior ballistic coefficients to offer both flatter trajectories and reduced wind drift at levels normally reserved for much heavier recoiling long action calibers. These gains in ballistic efficiency help the modern shooter stretch the effective range out to 1,000 meters or more. This highly accurate and durable rifle includes an adjustable gas block that allows for a consistent feel whether shooting suppressed or unsuppressed. The perfected bolt carrier group reduces overall recoil impulse and is easy to maintain and operate in all conditions.
- User-adjustable gas block for reliable suppressed shooting
- Superfinished and DLC-coated bolt carrier group makes it easy to clean and operate in all conditions
- Bolt carrier is equipped with a buffer for optimized cycling and improved recoil impulse
- Bolt is designed with enhanced extractor geometry and dual ejectors for reliable cycling
- 18" Cold Hammer Forged proprietary steel chrome-lined barrel for a lifetime of accuracy and durability
- Innovative 4-Bolt Connection System to ensure greater accuracy
- GRIP-N-RIP independently ambi charging handle with anti-gas features for a better shooting experience
Materials & Construction
- LOWER RECEIVER: Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: DD Proprietary Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:8" (6.5 Creedmoor), 1:10" (7.62), 18″ S2W Profile, Rifle Length, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
- GAS SYSTEM: User-Adjustable Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Rifle Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Superior Suppression Device, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- TRIGGER: Daniel Defense Mil-Spec
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DD5 Rail 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, M-LOK Attachment, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 7 Position 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- MAGAZINES: Accepts All SR-25 Magazines
- Made in the USA!
|Caliber||7.62 x 51mm / .308 Winchester|
|Muzzle Thread||5 ⁄ 8 × 24 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Barrel Profile||S2W® (Daniel Defense's proprietary Heavy Barrel)|
|Product Weight||8.6 LBS|
|Length||35 3/8" - 39"|
|Magazine||Magpul PMAG 20-Round|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Superior Suppression Device
Designed to offer muzzle flash signature reduction and reduced muzzle rise
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Fully Ambidextrous Controls
Allows for maximum operator flexibility and comfort
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Features M-LOK attachment technology
DD5 Pistol Grip
Ergonomic wrist angle and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Adjustable Gas Block
User-adjustable gas block for reliable suppressed shooting
4-Bolt Connection System
4-Bolt Connection System, that attaches the barrel to the receiver without a barrel nut, ensures greater accuracy
GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle
Independently ambi charging handle with anti-gas features for a better shooting experience
- Bada** rifleBeats every ar platform rifle I’ve used.
- performance lives up to reviewsI shopped for top shelf AR10s for over a year and DD was on my short list. Out of stock seemingly forever and when one finally popped up I pounced. About 2 weeks for delivery and was finally able to get it to the range yesterday. Fired a mix of brands and weights but it handled everything flawlessly. Really pleased with everything except the MilSpec trigger. DD knocks it out of the park. A tackdriver out of the box. New trigger and bipod on order to solve the “human” factor of the accuracy/repeatability equation. DD...spendy but no regrets on the purchase!
- Wonderful RifleThis is my second DD purchase and I cannot be any happier. Quality build, ambidextrous, and shoots beautifully. Solid rifle. Thank you.
- Great rifle.My second Daniel Defense rifle, fourth AR platform. Very accurate. I like the controls and layout. The treatment to the bolt, bolt carrier and firing pin are fantastic and it cleans up so fast and easy. I e only shot to 100 yards with it and the groups are wonderfully small. I hope to reach out to 600 yards soon. I am very happy shooting this rifle, considering I bought it from a group promotion for the engraved group logo...
I am also very happy with my DDM4, but that’s another review.
- Everything I wanted in a 7.62 x 51This was my second Daniel Defense rifle. It has performed flawlessly ever since the first shot. I don't know how this rifle could be improved. Thank you