Daniel Defense has done for the handgun what we did for the AR-style rifle—taken it to a whole new level. Our revolutionary DANIEL™ H9® combines the ergonomics and pointability of a 1911 with the easy shooting and maintenance of a striker-fired pistol. A low bore axis reduces recoil and muzzle-flip for faster, more accurate follow-up shots. A modular design enables easy customization, and a 1911-style straight-pullback trigger with safety blade provides precision control and safer operation. Customizable, ambidextrous controls deliver superb ergonomics and maneuverability, and an aircraft-grade-aluminum frame keeps things light but extremely durable. Experience the same, legendary, made-in-America quality you expect from Daniel Defense only in a smaller package. Like everything we sell, our new H9® is backed by Daniel’s 100% Satisfaction guarantee.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- FRAME: Type 7075 Aluminum for Light Weight and Durability
- BARREL: Cold Hammer Forged Stainless Steel, 1:10 Twist
- SLIDE: CNC-Machined Slide
- SIGHTS: Carbon Steel with Dovetail Cut
- TRIGGER: Stainless Steel Straight Pullback with Trigger Blade Safety
- GRIP PANELS: Balanced Texture G-10, Fully Removable
- OPTICS MOUNTING PLATE: CNC-Machined
- MAGAZINE: Carbon Steel Double-Stack with Low-Friction Finish
- Made in the USA & Backed by Daniel’s 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
|Carbon Steel with Dovetail Cut and Fiber Optic Front Sight (Zeroed at 25yds)
|1" at slide
|Handgun Barrel Length
|29.6oz w/empty mag
|BH-SP (Bottom Hinge - Straight Pull)
|Grip Panel Color
|Lower Back Strap Material
|4340 Alloy Steel
|Suppressor Height Sights
- Fantastic New Gun!I feel really lucky to be able to get ahold of one of these so soon after release. It feels like DD has put a ton of thought into every part of this gun. The fit and finish is great, and the 1911-style grip ergonomics make it point and aim naturally. The trigger is one of the best parts, having a short, smooth pull with a reset that makes follow up shots fast. With a proper grip, the felt and perceived recoil all but disappears. When shooting this at the range, it felt like the gun just wants you to go fast, as if Ricky Bobby was standing behind me egging me on, lol.
Overall, I couldn’t be happier, and I can’t wait to compete with it. I look forward to seeing how DD expands on the platform, hopefully with a full size model and, one day, a version in a competition trim.
Now I’ll just be impatiently waiting for the accessory manufacturers out there to get the ball rolling for all sorts of add-ons.
Amazing work DD, thanks for what you do!
- Finally, a striker fire gun I can get excited about!I am a Firearms Instructor working at Range USA. I bought the first of two H9s we received for sale. I've put about 400 rounds through it and I'm very impressed. It took about 200 rounds for me to feel that the gun was broken in. The lower barrel axis can be easily felt and seen in low muzzle flip. Great job! The workmanship is very good and well worth the price. I find the ergonomics very comfortable when shooting. I'm not a big striker fire fan but this gun could easily become one of my favorites. While I find this new trigger to be impressive it is a bit heavier than I expected though I find it predictable and consistent. It shoots very well, just a little lighter would make it perfect. I generally don't buy first runs of a brand new gun but I took a chance with the H9 because of the great reputation that comes with the Daniel Defense name. So far, the quality and design of this new gun is a pleasant surprise. Great job!
- Quality and RefinedI have put 1090 rounds through this handgun. Great recoil management, great fiber optic front sight. I wish I could get my hands on an optic plate. Plan to begin a to carry this pistol now that I can trust it. I have noticed that the black is beginning to rub off the rear side of the magazines, although I don’t expect any issues besides cosmetic. Highly recommend.