The Daniel Defense Omega Rail system is the most exciting rail system to hit the market in years! The Omega Rail is a free float rail system that allows the individual operator to easily install it with the provided Allen Wrench and requires ZERO modification to the weapon! The Omega Rail features an integral QD sling swivel mount, with rotation limiter, and an uninterrupted upper rail platform. This light weight rail system is meticulously CNC machined from Aircraft Grade Aluminum and is Military Specification Type III Hard Coat Anodized. All the Omega Rail fasteners are military specification.
The Omega Rail 7.0 is designed to work with carbine-length AR-15 gas systems and its exceptionally light weight makes it perfect for short rifles where size and weight are crucial performance attributes.
|Product Weight||7.6 oz|
|Continuous Upper Rail||Yes|
|Integrated Sling Swivel Attachment Point||Yes|
- Real niceI purchased this used from a local gun shop. It tightened up nicely. Im upgrading my rifles to accept lights and IR lasers for NV. Even with the quad rail its still fairly light. Very nice product.
- Perfect fit for LE6920Great fit and easy install. Thanks!
- Bulletproof rail!I used this rail as a replacement on my duty rifle and depend on it to function as intended. It has not failed and I will purchase another for a backup rifle. It is very well made and easy to put on. There is no movement once this rail is installed and I run an angled grip and flashlight without any issue.
- I’m ordering another to swap onto another AR.The rail is very nice. Installation was easy. It is solid with zero movement. BUIS, Eotech, Streamlight and sling mount all fit nicely. Provides a solid grip.
- Perfect railPerfect
- Worth buyingPerfect for my M&P AR15 556 Sports 2 rifle
- Best drop in rail available.The penultimate drop-in rail, only bettered by the discontinued Piston Omega. Price kills me though, but I'm quite happy w/ mine.
- Worth every pennyJust purchased this from a local retailer. Very impressed with the omega rail. Excellent fit and finish, install was very straight forward
- Outstanding Drop-In Free Float HandguardI did quite a bit of research on rails before I chose the Omega 7.0 for a Colt I was putting together for my next patrol rifle. There were two main things I was looking for in a railed handguard. The first was easy installation and no permanent modifications because I didn't want to have to cut off the front sight post or mess with removing and re-torquing the barrel, and this was a very easy install that can be reversed at any time. The second thing was for it to be lightweight since I quickly learned that every bit of weight savings helps when lugging a rifle as a cover officer on a long K-9 track or having it at the high ready on a hot scene for an extended time, and it proved to be one of the lightest drop-in rails I could find. So the Omega took care of both my requirements but also has the added benefits of being completely rock solid and also being free-floated for a more consistent POI. It's got more than enough space for my light, the QD sling mount, and a vertical grip. Couldn't ask for a better rail for what I needed.
- OutstandingI just received my Omega rail an hour ago and had it installed in 10 minutes. I replaced a Magpul MOE hand guard. One of the things I never liked about the MOE was that it had some play in it. Absolutely none in the Omega. Rock solid fit. Needless to say, the quality is top notch and it came with 3 ladder rail covers, which was a nice surprise. As a side note, if you find getting the delta ring pulled back to be a pain in the ass like I do, do yourself a favor and pick up a Wheeler hand guard removal tool. Makes the task unbelievably easy...