The Daniel Defense MK18 Pistol is a variation of the MK18 SBR, which has been extremely popular within the Law Enforcement and Special Operations communities. This firearm is classified as a Pistol and not a Short Barreled Rifle (NFA regulated items require ATF approval and a tax stamp). The Daniel Defense MK18 Pistol features the railed forend Daniel Defense currently provides to USSOCOM and a 10.3” Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, the same length commonly used for CQB operations. The MK18 RISII features our patented 6-bolt Bolt-Up System and has been rigorously tested prior to fielding by USSOCOM. This pistol comes equipped with the SB Tactical SBA3 Pistol Stabilizing Brace with 5 positions of adjustability and integral, ambidextrous QD swivel attachment point. The new independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters and is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and operator.
Please check with your local, state and federal agencies regarding the legality of use of this product in your area.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: AR Pistol Receiver Extension
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 10.3″ Govt Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense RIS II MK18, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized, Black
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BRACE: SB Tactical SBA3 Pistol Stabilizing Brace
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1⁄2×28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Magazine||DD Magazine (32 Round)|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design for reduced flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
SBA3 Pistol Stabilizing Brace
ATF-compliant, 5 positions of adjustability and adjustable nylon strap
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Quality!!!!I’ve had 2 v5’s but man this by far my favorite
Another Great DD ProductThe MK18 is one of the coolest guns around. It looks menacing with the quad-rail system which seems to be offered less nowadays. My MK18 is equipped with an Aimpoint PRO, MAGPUL AFG, and hanging off the front is a Streamlight TLR-1 HL that has just enough picatinny to attach for great illumination of the surroundings. It is a blast to shoot, extremely accurate. My example is zeroed at fifty yards, as my PDW is the go-to for anything CQB in nature. I would definitely recommend this gun to anyone out of the fleet that DD offers as a very well rounded weapon capable of handling both long range and close quarters interactions effectively.
MK18 pistol. Buy one today, you won’t be disappointed.If you’re looking to get an AR pistol don’t miss out on this one. I have 3 and they are a blast to take out to the range. I also have 2 M4A1’s (mil-spec brown an spruce green), Along with an M4 300 blackout and an extra upper!! To say I like Daniel Defense is an under statement. They are quality products from a quality company. And, they’re made in the USA!
More fun than an octopus in your jockstrapAbsolutely my favorite gun/pistol. It was my first AR-style gun, but remains my favorite. I am not an "operator", just a plinker, but have put thousands of rounds through this boomstick. Zeroed in at 25 yards with a Sig Romeo 4s, but even as a novice this gun makes me a stone cold zombie killer out to 100+ yards. It would be my go-to gun for home defense as its short length is very easy to move around in confined spaces. Only single malfunction was ammo-related, not the gun. There are tools that make one a cheater, and this is one of them.
Outstanding productWell made and utter reliable with repeatable accuracy in all conditions. Plus looks just great. Fit and finnish perfect!
This Gun is greatExcelent product
GreatThis gun turned me into a operator