M4A1 Upper Receiver Group
The Daniel Defense M4A1 Upper Receiver Group features the M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS II), which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II Weapons System since 2005. This two-piece, free-floating rail system allows the mounting of devices like a M203 grenade launcher without influencing the barrels harmonics, eliminating problems like wandering point of impact that plagued other mounting designs. The two-piece design also allows for partial disassembly of the rail to aid in cleaning around barrel without completely removing the entire rail system. The weight of anything attached to the RISII rail system is fully supported by a sturdy bolt-up system, using 6 grade 8 bolts, leaving the barrel completely free floating for best possible accuracy and dependability. The M4A1 features a 14.5” Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Improved Flash Suppressor to meet the NFA required 16” length. The new independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters and is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and operator. All Daniel Defense complete upper receiver groups come standard with an M16 profile bolt carrier group.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5″ M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Extended Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished, pinned and welded to Barrel
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized FDE
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels Made from Santoprene, Heat Resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Product Weight||4.56 lbs|
Up dateTook this rifle to the range again and really stretched it out this upper is fantastic very accurate I have a lot of ARs but this one was my first Daniel Defense and it was ready to go right out of the box it is now my go to rifle and I take it everywhere with me
Block2 clonePicked up one from a local gun shop a couple of day ago got it for a reasonable price mounted it on an Aero precision lower I built for it and took it to the range and it’s definitely a sub MOA rifle very impressed if you are looking at one for yourself do hesitate you will not be disappointed.
Excellent!!It came at the right time for my birthday! Excellent workmanship!! Thanks DD..
FantasticPurchased the DDM4A1 a few years ago and it runs amazing. I have put thousands of round through it and have never had a single malfunction.
Gucci upperBought this upper used on reddit GAFS and I couldn't be happier with the purchase, shits Gucci af