Daniel Defense is the Sole Source Provider of the RIS II to the United States Special Operations Command!
The Daniel Defense Rail Interface System (RIS II) was designed at the request of the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II program. SOCOM had a specific requirement for a free float M203 solution and Daniel Defense responded, designing a revolutionary product to meet the government’s need. The Daniel Defense RIS II allows the individual operator to free float the M203 grenade launcher without additional parts. As importantly, special tools are not required to mount the M203 grenade launcher. This was accomplished by integrating all of the needed parts to free float the M203 into the rail itself. The Daniel Defense RIS II is to be used in conjunction with the MK12 Low Profile Gas Block.
The Daniel Defense RIS II free-floating Picatinny rail systems are designed to allow individual operators to quickly, and without special tools, mount the M203 Grenade Launcher and precisely mount SOPMOD accessories to host weapon without effecting point of impact. The Daniel Defense RIS II is an innovative upgrade to the M4 platform and is available for commercial purchase directly from Daniel Defense or any authorized distributor.
- Free Floating Barrel Design
- Uninterrupted Upper Rail Platform
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Hardened Steel Barrel Nut
- Grade 8 Military Specification Fasteners
- Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rails
Materials & Construction
Precision CNC machined from Aircraft Grade Aluminum and Military Specification Type III Hard Coat Anodized.
Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
Weight 17.7 Ounces
Inside Diameter: 1.15"
Made in the USA!
Our Bolt-Up System Barrel Nut Wrench is required for installation
|Steel (For Patented Bolt-Up System)
|Continuous Upper Rail
|Integrated Sling Swivel Attachment Point
- Rail availabilityAre you ever going to offer this to the civilian market?
- God Bless American InginuityMost awesome individual weapon system I have ever had the pleasure to fire and carry. I am out of the service now and have the LE6920 Socom base rifle and will be upgrading to my "Ol'Sweetness" soon. Thank you for providing me and my fellow brothers in service these fine Defenders of Freedom and Liberty.
- M4A1 RIS II - OutstandingThis is my third M4A1 RIS II rail system to own. The other two were so great, my friends bought them! They are built extremely solid and mount up incredibly tight. There's no moving this beast. The bottom rail detaches and allows for removal of accumulated debris, which comes in handy. These are the rails the US Special Forces use, they're good enough for them, they're good enough for you. Best of the Best.