The Daniel Defense M4A1 features the M4A1 RIS II, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II Weapons System since 2005. The M4A1 features a 14.5” Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. The M4A1 is one of many configurations that is finished with our Mil Spec + Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5″ M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- FINISH: Cerakote Mil Spec +
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1⁄2×28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.74 lbs|
|Length||31 ½” – 34 ¾”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Improved design for reduced flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Awesome, you get what you are paying for .My first Rifle , awesome customer service, supreme quality, you get what you pay for , spend a little more and get the best of the best . Good job DD, and thank you , I am looking to order my second DD soon .
AwesomeGreat fit an finish, have not shot it yet. Have the Mil-Spec+ model the color is actually darker in person shown on website.