Customer Reviews 25 item(s)
- Excellent buy
- Smooth operation, excellent fit and finish.
- Stop reading this and find your own!!!
- I went with this over a Sig Nato Patrol and never looked back. All I can say is I have owned this rifle for four years now and it has performed under not so perfect conditions flawlessly. I have purchased other brands over the years and they just fall short of detail which translates to pride and integrity.
- DDM4V5 was the ultimate upgrade for me.
- This is my 3rd AR. I've stepped up with each purchase. When I saw this DD M4 V5 in stock at my local gun store I was thrilled to trade up for it. After mounting an optic it took me 6 shots to zero it. I'll be taking it to a shooter expo next week and I expect to have a lot of admirers and bring home some trophies.
- Lightweight, great quality!
- Researched like products for over a year and made the educated decision to purchase the Daniel defense M4V5 . Awesome rifle. Great quality! I would do it all over again.
- great product
- Price is fair for the quality, product functions with no problems, accuracy out of the box is excellent
- Love it
- THE ABSOLUTE WORST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. Was not buying this rifle sooner. I have spent 4 years researching ar-15's I never really was a fan of them. Mainly because I prefer my bolt action rifles. And I prefer to take my shots at a distance (over 1000 yards). So after 4 years of research and trying to find a budget rifle that would handle the abuse I was about to give it I found one I liked. So I go to 2 different stores in Indiana and Pennsylvania. Both stores told me they used to carry the one I wanted but stopped carrying them because they could would and have fallen apart before ever being loaded. One told me that he sent back more than he sold because the barrels would come off in your hand straight from the box. And then to sent it up the way I was gonna set it up would have been an additional $400 or more. The second store I went to and he cane out and and showed me several rifles then he told me.about this rifle he had and I looked at it and fell in love. I paid a lot for this rifle. I took it home the next morning I took it to the range and put 2000 rounds through it. I had one major issue with this ridle. I ran out of ammo
- Excellent AR, superior workmanship/materials
- Excellent AR, superior workmanship and materials
- You will not be disappointed
- Went in to the store to purchase a different brand and nothing available. The guy behind the counter recommended the M4V5--for just a bit more. I was already thinking in that direction so the sale was easy.
As an ex-machinist and engineer I could not be more satisfied.
Yeah, I did have to buy iron sights, but they work for my needs. But I may upgrade to something else, just because I can.
Son and grandson love it (of course). I was, though, amazed at the heat generated. The barrel could be a branding iron.
- Wow, what a rifle!
- Very very nice rifle. Smooth shooter. Lightweight compared to many others. Grips well, feels good in hands. Easy to disassemble, clean, reassemble. Rail system is great for various attachments. Looks good - have received many compliments. Although the price is a little steep, you get what you pay for.
- Best AR on the market
- Best AR15/M4/M16 platform rifle on the market. Between cost,quality, service life and overall functionality I think it beats out the LWRC,BCM and high end Colt. I have shot all of the above mentioned brands and it truly is Lighter,Stronger and Faster than the competition.
- Best M4 platform rifle on the market.
- The first M4 platform rifle that I bought was a WW-15 from Windham Weaponry basically the Bushmaster replacement. I had a good time with the rifle and spent quite a bit of money upgrading it to a more custom platform. But after awhile I wanted a taste of the higher quality more expensive rifles basically so I could really see what all the fuss was about. I mean at the range I had heard talk about how smooth, accurate and reliable some of the upper eschilon rifles were. So I began a several month journey of researching and shooting some of the higher quality names in the business. In the several months I shot a LWRC, BCM, Daniel Defense and even a higher end Colt. I concluded based on several factors like fit,finish,price, ergonomics and overall quality that the Daniel Defense line of rifles was as good of rifle that was being built today. So I purchased my DDM4v5 and honestly this rifle has went through thousands of rounds and been beaten and banged up to hell and back. My DDM4 has been the farthest thing from a safe queen and I can say without hesitation the most impressive rifle in terms of overall capability I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Without a doubt I would recommend this rifle to the serious end user and I would put it up against any other manufacturer in the business. I know that a couple of there free float rails are used by the military but why they don't adopt this rifle in it's entirety is beyond me. The extra that you pay to own this rifle is made up for in quality and service life. Daniel Defense rifles are the best M4/AR15/M16 platform weapon systems in terms of overall functionality and quality on the market in my humble opinion.
- A steal for the price
- Great quality for the price.
- Daniel Defense
- I remember the first time I heard of Daniel Defense, I seen the ad that the NFL refused to air and being a disabled vet who lost an eye serving my country as a Grunt decided to research them and was impressed so much that bought a DDM4V5 and refused to watch the Superbowl!!!! Man, this thing drips quality! I have other top notch AR's but this is the only one I'd trust with my life. Great rifle,great company. Worth every penny and people do comment when they see it. It's that nice. Tack driver too!
- great gun for money
- I love this rifle, although it's my first I researched lots of dealers, customers, threads and this was not always brought up. I took it upon myself to research more and fell in love with the design and look of the rifle.
I have fired at targets and took it hog hunting this weekend and shot a nice 150 lb sow, it was accurate and deadly. No jams, shoots great and feels good in my hands which is the number one thing.
if you want a cracker box rifle you can find cheaper but if you want quality, save and spend the $ to get a solid rifle.
- I love this gun!
- Love the gun!
- DDM4V5 Is Cadillac of AR15's
- I just got my DDM4V5 a couple of days ago and love it! It is the best AR 15 platform I have shot and own and I have shot many different ones. This gun is tight on tolerances and it is a shooter! I love it
- Super rifle very accurate
- It is amazing weapon. Tight well engineered
- Great buy
- Great rifle! Love the quality.
- 5 Star Weapon
- I think the price is just a tad high seeing that it doesn't come with at least stock iron sights. However the quality is phenomenal and the soft touch is great.
- Top notch quality
- My ddm4v5 is by far the nicest ar15 I have ever owned. lightweight, utterly reliable, and more accurate than most shooters will ever be. all in all my only complaint was the single pinned low profile gas block instead of double but even after many rounds I've had no issues what so ever. In any case DD knows what they're doing, I'm not the engineer anyhow. All I can say is if you haven't shot one shoot one. Shortly after that I can promise you'll want to own one. DD is my go to company for ar15's you can bet your life on.
- My V5..
- Love my V5, its everything that I wanted and why I bought a DD...!! Great quality, superior accuracy and lightweight. Get a DD, you wont be disappointed.!!
- DDM4V5 valentine
- Love at first squeeze
- Excellent product
- Great weapon. Excellent versatility. High quality product.
- Great gun at a good price
- This is my first Daniel AR and my second AR. My other is a LWRC M6A2 AR, I like my Daniel every bit as well. Lighter easier to handle just a great gun.
- Hard to understand how great until you use it and stretch its legs.
- I've built a few ar15 rifles and always love the m4 profile. I still have my first m4 build. It functions fine but is not as sexy as these guns. I had an opportunity to get one and took it. I love the 1x7 heavy barrel shooting m855 surplus ammo its a tacdriver I shoot from 50 yards to 500 yards and she is consistent none stop. I reload match heavy ammo and it is laser guided accurate. It's ergonomics are great every part of the rifle in fit and finish is superb. I think this gun will last generations with proper care. I put a HHS on it with mag pull mbus pro sights. Even those were near dead on after mounting them. The HHS needed a tad more adjustment. My first store bought gun in this price point but well worth it I got it January 2015. Thanks DD for making such a fine tool.