Designed with the user in mind. Daniel Defense has taken the modularity of the AR platform and integrated it into a one-of-a-kind bolt action rifle. From an interchangeable cold hammer forged barrel to a user-configurable stock, the DELTA 5 features out-of-the-box customization that would normally require professional gunsmithing. Designed for the user that expects more from their rifle, the DELTA 5 provides the ultimate long range shooting experience from the day it's purchased. No custom wait time required.
GUARANTEED TO SHOOT .75 MOA OR BETTER. Talk is cheap—including talk about how accurate a rifle shoots—so we're putting some real firepower behind our words. All Daniel Defense DELTA 5 rifles are guaranteed to shoot .75 MOA or less at 100 yards when used with quality factory match-grade ammunition. Not "should"; not "might." Guaranteed to. How can we make such a claim? Because we've done the work and the testing to back it up. It's not just talk; it's not bravado. It's science backed up by data. Data that says, "If we can do it, so can you." Guaranteed.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- BARREL: User-interchangeable, proprietary steel cold hammer forged to contour
- ACTION: Mechanically bedded stainless steel action with integral recoil lug
- BOLT: Three-lug bolt with a 60 degree throw and floating bolt head
- BOLT KNOB: 5/16 - 24" removable bolt knob
- TRIGGER: Adjustable single stage Timney Elite Hunter with two position safety (1.5 – 4 lbs)
- PICATINNY SCOPE BASE: 20 MOA/ 5.8 MRAD of elevation with four #10-32 bolts
- BOTTOM METAL: Integrated with pillars and barrier stop
- ERGONOMIC STOCK: Constructed of carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer
- ADJUSTABLE CHEEK RISER: For preferred height, yaw, and drift
- CONFIGURABLE BUTTSTOCK: Offers length of pull and butt pad height adjustments
- ATTACHMENT: 14 total M-LOK points along forend with one point on bottom of buttstock
- QUICK DETACH: Three M-LOK QD sling points
- CAPACITY: Five round PMAG 5 7.62 AC – AICS Short Action magazine included
|5 ⁄ 8 × 24 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
|Magpul PMAG 5 7.62 AC
|Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
- Beautiful to Look at and AccurateI am about 200 rounds into my experience with the D5 in 308. Just a beautiful shooter for me. I spend time with it in the woods and terrain of the southeast, so my hunting is generally limited to not more than 400 yards, and I spend time at the range with it as well with shots out to 1000 yards so far. The gun is a little more accurate than I am I'm sure, but I have had zero problem hitting what I aim at with various quality factory loads from Hornady, Rem, Nosler and Federal. Great gun and always an attention grabber (which I do not seek).
- 4x4 whitetail downLOVE this rifle. I ran a nightforce optic on its first hunt during my Indiana whitetail season. One well placed shot at 123 yards and dropped a huge 8 pointer. Accurate, rugged, comfortable, weather proof, and best of all it is a Daniel Defense. I own this caliber in the DD AR10 platform.
- Outstanding RifleAccuracy is out of town. I set up an afternoon to get the feel of it. Got behind the rifle and everything was right where it's supposed to be. Intuitive is the word, I believe. The ergonomics are that crazy-good. Couple of hours later I put 5 in 3/4 of an inch at 300--no kidding. Sounds like a Tall Tale but I'd put the picture up if I could. I like this rifle.
- Very Accurate .308Terrific rifle.Shooting sub MOA groups. I upgraded the trigger to a single stage trigger tech diamond. Hope DD offers more barrel exchange kits in the future. DD rifles are always the highest quality. I would HIGHLY recommend this rifle.
- Awesome rifle. Buy 0ne.I cant believe they dropped the price, I paid a little more. Anyways the fit and finish of this rifle is excellent. The performance is excellent. Some haters say this rifle has no purpose but to me it is an amazing general purpose rifle that can easily shoot 1/2 MOA with proof. I can hunt, sit on a bench and half a hell of a time and it just looks like a sick ass counter sniper.
Weight is not bad at all, I have a Fix by Q and this rifle doesn't feel that much heavier, plus you get the QD points from factory. Honestly this rifle has pretty much all the features you could want from the factory. I think at this price point DD should do really well. The chassis is dope. Feels good, very adjustable. Trigger feels very good. Very clean breaks but its a timney so what do you expect. I dont know what there is to not like about this guy. DD clearly doing a good job with these CHF SS barrels. Maybe not as nice as a cut barrel but I'm not a PRS magician so I probably wouldn't know the difference.
- First Long Range Rifle!I have been researching for over 18 months. Got to go hands on with those I was considering as my 4 finalist but it was the Daniel Defense Delta 5 impressed me greatly at the NRA Convention last year in Indy. I was also most impressed with the DD team at the convention (although they didn't draw my number for the giveaway DD Delta 5) as I returned 3 times asking more questions and exploring the Delta 5. I also like the owners and their philosophy and am happy to support Daniel Defense and the staff. I enjoyed all the employee videos on the website.
This is my first long distance rifle to use at the 1000yd outdoor range in Northeast Indiana which I am a member and use my AR15, shotgun, and handguns on the handgun range. The ability to purchase different caliber barrels and change them myself in less than 5 minutes with three tools was a huge part of my decision since I am used to my multiple handguns I can disassemble with just a punch. I like the quick disconnect DD Wave suppressor but won't get that for who knows how long.
It's the little things thought through by Daniel Defense so I don't have to spend to upgrade the rifle! I set the trigger to 3lbs., easily added my scope on the built in picatinny rail, adjustable butt stock length and check riser (I use the camber!), notch for my offhand in buttstock, 60deg bolt. It was very easy to level and sight in my Nightforce ATACR 5X25 56mm F1 scope since the rifle was spot on level with my M-Lok bipod. 200yds and 500yds were really easy and accurate. I am looking forward to my first 50+ degree day without 20-30mph winds to try 600yds, 800yds, and 1000yds. The feel of the rifle tucked in my shoulder, the pull of the trigger, and the bolt cycling feels crisp and smooth like a very well made product. Now it is time to learn how to use the app (and learn the math myself), try different ammo, control breathing, etc. for the 1000yds. I have no doubt the Daniel Defense Delta 5 will make it easy for me!
- The Real Deal - Period.I’m very happy with my Delta 5. First thing I did was to dial the Timney down to 2.25 lbs. Loaded up a basic charge ladder with a Hornady 168 grain ELD-M and printed .585 MOA right out of the gate, fire-forming new brass. I expect great things from this rifle! Love the barrel, action and ergonomics! I will be ordering the 6.5 CRDM barrel soon and I hope to see other barrel offerings in the future. Way to go, Daniel Defense!
- Excellent long range performanceThis compact short barreled 308 is outperforming my 24 inch FN SPR. I could never get 168 grain SMK to stabilize out the 1,300 yards so I had to shoot 175's. I made repeated hits with consistency with both TAP186's and FGGM ammo. I have shot multiple .3 inch groups at 100 yards. I did bed the stock even though its not critical. Excellent gun with superior barrel. The stock is very comfortable and easy to adjust and the action is like butter. This gun is a shooter and super handy.
- Scary Accurate But HeavyThis is by far the most accurate 308 win rifle I’ve ever owned or shot, clover leafed 5 rounds at 100 yards and slightly more than that at 200 yards right out of the box. Impressive. I ordered this rifle based solely on the early DD advertising campaign and reviews, basically sight unseen, because I have other DD products and they are all top-shelf. It was advertised as a rifle for carrying in the field hunting, and that is what I bought it for, unfortunately it is much too heavy for that purpose. This is a blind/range type gun, not a field gun. Not sure what DD was thinking if they were designing a “hunting” rifle, but their design team ought to go on a stalk hunt and lug their creation along for a few miles to get an education on why hunters don’t want heavy rifles in the field. They need to shave 2-3 lbs off the Delta5 to make it a legitimate hunter.
- amazing out of the box rifle!!!I have had this rifle for a few weeks now. It is as amazing as you would expect from daniel defense... side by side, it blows other bolt actions out of the water. And suppressed????? Yeah, forget about it.... so quiet and accurate with the ddwave, its unreal!!! Get this rifle!!!