The Daniel Defense V7 LW is the first rifle in the DDM4 lineup to feature the M-LOK attachment technology with the Daniel Defense MFR 15.0 rail. Built around a Cold Hammer Forged, 16” lightweight profile barrel, the V7 has a DD improved Flash Suppressor to reduce flash signature. The mid-length gas system provides smooth and reliable cycling under any condition and reduces both perceived recoil and wear on moving parts. A free-floating MFR 15.0 handguard offers incredible weight savings as well as superior cooling, ergonomics, and modularity while maintaining the strength and durability expected from Daniel Defense. With the M-LOK attachment points that run along 7 positions and an uninterrupted 1913 Picatinny rail on top, the V7 LW has plenty of room for the sights, optics, and accessories the user may require. The new independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters and is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and operator. The rifle is finished off with the rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 16″ Lightweight Profile, Mid-length Gas System, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense MFR 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, M-LOK Attachment, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7076-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1⁄2×28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.05 lbs|
|Length||32 ¼” – 35 7/8”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Another Fine FirearmThis is my 2nd Daniel Defense firearm. I own the DDM4V7P. It's a very reliable, accurate, and user friendly firearm with great quality.
Very light and balancedI have quite a few AR's but had to buy a new one for patrol since none of mine are authorized. This rifle is very impressive and really comfortable. Compared to my other rifles it is far lighter in weight. One issue with the description.. it doesnt actually come with an ambi "grip n rip" charging handle. I contacted support and was told it only gets shipped with one model and it isnt this one. I was disappointed because he could have shipped it to me or changed the description.
Good rifle, but you are essentially paying the price for this barrel and BCGI purchased this rifle about 2 months ago and I've put about 800 rounds through it. It shoots well and is very light.
However, while it does shoot better than a $500 rifle, it is essentially milspec the rest of the way. I purchased a $500 rifle about a year ago and it has a better trigger in it than this one MSRP at 1700. Charging handle was milspec. Upper and lower have a decent amount of wiggle.
I like the rifle, but I didn't expect to get such an awful trigger in a rifle i spent $1450 for. The barrel is nice although it gets very hot after some rounds, but that's expected with a lightweight. The BCG is good, of course, as expected from DD. Charging handle is as basic as they come.