The DDM4 V1 AR15 style firearm is built with a Cold Hammer Forged 16 inch M4 Profile barrel with a Carbine gas system and Daniel Defense Forged Front Site Post. The 12 inch picatinny quad rail allows the operator to mount a weapon light or aiming device forward of the front sight for optimal ergonomics and a clear line of sight. Quick disconnect attachment points are integrated to the front and back on both sides of the rail for fully ambidextrous sling attachment. The new independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 16"" M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, MP tested, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Daniel Defense Forged Front Sight Base, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight: CNC Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized; Daniel Defense Forged FSP
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail 12.0 FSP, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- GRIP: Daniel Defense Vertical Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1 ⁄ 2 × 28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.70 lbs|
|Length||32 1/4" – 35 7/8”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Best rifle I’ve ever owned or used.I have had my rifle for a little over 5-6 years, and have never had any issues with fit and finish, nor have I had any failures. The DD quality is second to none, and if I ever decide to purchase another rifle it will Daniel Defense or nothing.
After 15 years this rifle still impresses me.Every time I put rounds down range I am impressed with the quality of this rifle. This gun is built like the proverbial "brick outhouse". With over 35 years of experience I can tell you that the "lightest and slightest" craze does not lend itself to reliability. No corners were cut on this rifle, and it proves it time and time again. If you want cheap, lightweight, and "cool" go somewhere else. However, if you want a solid and dependable weapon that you can stake your family's safety on look no further. As always, this kind of quality is not inexpensive but ask yourself how much is peace of mind worth.