Compact and easy to transport, the DDM4 PDW is the kind of AR15 style pistol you can rely on for home and personal defense...plus it's a ton of fun to shoot. The 7 inch 300 Blackout Cold Hammer Forged barrel keeps subsonic loads subsonic and provides great ballistics for a shorter barrel. The PDW, with an overall length of 20.75 inches, comes equipped with the Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace, which gives you the adjustments needed to more comfortably shoot your AR pistol. This highly maneuverable pistol comes with a 6 inch MFR XL flat front rail for fast handling, accuracy, and reliability while also providing compatibility with a wide variety of accessories. This firearm features M-LOK attachment points and an SLR M-LOK MOD2 Plain Front Handstop to help ensure a safe shooting experience. Also available as SBR with Maxim Defense CQB Gen 7 stock.
Please check with your local, state and federal agencies regarding the legality of use of this product in your area.
- Ultra-compact platform with 7 inch, 1:7 twist barrel for compatibility with subsonic and supersonic loads.
- Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace or CQB Gen 7 Stock (SBR) with enhanced buffer system functions reliably suppressed or unsuppressed.
- Linear compensator directs muzzle blast forward of the shooter Muzzle threads (5/8-24) allow for muzzle device customization
- Independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 7" S2W Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Pistol Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Linear Compensator, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: Maxim Defense Enhanced Buffer System
- HANDGUARD: MFR XL 6.0 M-LOK, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BRACE: Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||5 ⁄ 8 × 24 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Gas System||Pistol Length|
|Barrel Profile||S2W® [Strength-to-Weight]|
|Product Weight||5.7 lbs|
|Length||20 3/4" - 24 3/4"|
|Magazine||Magpul PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Directs muzzle blast forward, away from the shooter
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Maxim Defense Pistol Brace
Maxim CQB Brace provides for compact, easy transport and allows for continuous fire fully collapsed
SLR MOD2 Barricade Handstop aids the shooter with indexing the support hand, with placement to the rear of the muzzle
Features M-LOK attachment technology
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle
Independently ambi charging handle with anti-gas features for a better shooting experience
Fantastic WeaponI bought one of these recently and man am I glad I did. This firearm is cool AF! I set mine up with a Sig Sauer Romeo5 XDR with the Predator green reticle (also a nifty item), Troy Micro HK style folding MBUIS, single point sling and a couple of Magpul 3" rail sections if I need to attach a light or laser. This combo is fast on target and in a super compact, lightweight and potent package. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend this PDW to anyone.
Most Accurate 7" Barrel PDWI love everything about this "pistol." I shoot ridiculously small shot groups using Gorilla ammunition. We're talking .75" groups at 25 yds using a red dot sight. Not precision shooting territory, but damn good for such a short barrel. Plus, it just looks awesome in FDE.
Instant GOATThis pistol is hands down the most accurate PDW I have ever fired. My shot groups were insane for such a short barrel. I use Gorilla .300 AAC BlackOut 125gr Sierra MatchKing. Pricey, but damn accurate!
Sick is all I can say.DD simply poetry in motion out of the box. 5000 rounds with no issues. Sexiest Pistol I’ve ever shot. God bless this mad man pistols. Add hologram a nice pressure switch laser set up and a light combo. With a double sling and iron sights. You have the security and dependability an AR pistol can bring. Peace of mind. And yes she’s sexy. Did I already say that.
Amazing! Suppressor Anyone?Just received mine, loveee it! Will upgrade trigger eventually. Wondering if anyone here has attached a suppressor to theirs. If so, which kind and how is it performing? Anyone using a surefire?
Get it in CobaltFun to shoot. Extremely accurate. Looks amazing in Cobalt. No failures, shoots steel like it's candy (chrome-lined barrel helps). Only downside is ammo prices at the moment.
ExcellentI love this Gun, just perfect and reliable!!! I can wait to put my can on it!!!
Great weaponVery compact, accurate, and reliable. Put 250 rounds (both subs and supers) through the weapon out of the box without changing buffer spring and didn’t have any trouble. The only “issues” I have with this weapon are that the price is high and doesn’t include any sights, and the buffer tube and muzzle brake seem to have a little too much loctite. I would highly recommend this weapon to anyone interested in 300 blk regardless of intended purpose!
5 star Excellent PDW Pistol with 10 lb rough Trigger = 3 starsI have a DD Hunter .308, (with an incredible GA 4 lb Geissele SSA trigger,) one of the reason I bought the PDW pistol.
I love the pistol, which has excellent balance with a 10 round mag, well built and relatively quiet unsuppressed with subsonic ammo, particularly considering it's a 7" barrel.
BUT, out of the box, after the first 50 rounds the trigger was quite rough, inconsistent in pull AND 9.8 to 10.5 lb pull. Clearly not DD quality.
I replaced the DD trigger with Geissele SSA E 4 lb trigger and the weapon is now up to DD standards. Daniel Defense, please add the Geissele SSA / E as standard equipment. That will get you a solid 5 / 5 star review.
(And I'll find a reason to buy another DD or two)
What I should have bought all alongI am really happy and pleased with this purchase. We'll worth every penny. I added a Stark angled fore grip and an Olight Baldr mini, and it all fit on the bottom rail. The grouping is so tight my targets looked like a few slugs went through them. For home defense this is the AR you want. Shooting this weapon is best described as smooth and clean. WARNING!!! This gun will ruin your other AR's. You just won't enjoy them as much as this one.