DDM4® PDW (300 Blackout)
Compact and easy to transport, the DDM4 PDW is the kind of AR15 style pistol you can rely on for home and personal defense...plus it's a ton of fun to shoot. The 7 inch 300 Blackout Cold Hammer Forged barrel keeps subsonic loads subsonic and provides great ballistics for a shorter barrel. The PDW, with an overall length of 20.75 inches, comes equipped with the Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace, which gives you the adjustments needed to more comfortably shoot your AR pistol. This highly maneuverable pistol comes with a 6 inch MFR XL flat front rail for fast handling, accuracy, and reliability while also providing compatibility with a wide variety of accessories. This firearm features M-LOK attachment points and an SLR M-LOK MOD2 Plain Front Handstop to help ensure a safe shooting experience. Also available as SBR with Maxim Defense CQB Gen 7 stock.
Please check with your local, state and federal agencies regarding the legality of use of this product in your area.
- Ultra-compact platform with 7 inch, 1:7 twist barrel for compatibility with subsonic and supersonic loads.
- Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace or CQB Gen 7 Stock (SBR) with enhanced buffer system functions reliably suppressed or unsuppressed.
- Linear compensator directs muzzle blast forward of the shooter Muzzle threads (5/8-24) allow for muzzle device customization
- Independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 7â€³ S2W Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Pistol Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Linear Compensator, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: Maxim Defense Enhanced Buffer System
- HANDGUARD: MFR XL 6.0 M-LOK, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BRACE: Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||5 ⁄ 8 × 24 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Gas System||Pistol Length|
|Barrel Profile||S2W® [Strength-to-Weight]|
|Product Weight||5.7 lbs|
|Length||20 3/4" - 24 3/4"|
|Magazine||Magpul PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Directs muzzle blast forward, away from the shooter
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Ambi Safety Selector
For right or left-handed shooters
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Maxim Defense Pistol Brace
Maxim CQB Brace provides for compact, easy transport and allows for continuous fire fully collapsed
SLR MOD2 Barricade Handstop aids the shooter with indexing the support hand, with placement to the rear of the muzzle
Features M-LOK attachment technology
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle
Independently ambi charging handle with anti-gas features for a better shooting experience
Great weaponVery compact, accurate, and reliable. Put 250 rounds (both subs and supers) through the weapon out of the box without changing buffer spring and didn’t have any trouble. The only “issues” I have with this weapon are that the price is high and doesn’t include any sights, and the buffer tube and muzzle brake seem to have a little too much loctite. I would highly recommend this weapon to anyone interested in 300 blk regardless of intended purpose!
5 star Excellent PDW Pistol with 10 lb rough Trigger = 3 starsI have a DD Hunter .308, (with an incredible GA 4 lb Geissele SSA trigger,) one of the reason I bought the PDW pistol.
I love the pistol, which has excellent balance with a 10 round mag, well built and relatively quiet unsuppressed with subsonic ammo, particularly considering it's a 7" barrel.
BUT, out of the box, after the first 50 rounds the trigger was quite rough, inconsistent in pull AND 9.8 to 10.5 lb pull. Clearly not DD quality.
I replaced the DD trigger with Geissele SSA E 4 lb trigger and the weapon is now up to DD standards. Daniel Defense, please add the Geissele SSA / E as standard equipment. That will get you a solid 5 / 5 star review.
(And I'll find a reason to buy another DD or two)
What I should have bought all alongI am really happy and pleased with this purchase. We'll worth every penny. I added a Stark angled fore grip and an Olight Baldr mini, and it all fit on the bottom rail. The grouping is so tight my targets looked like a few slugs went through them. For home defense this is the AR you want. Shooting this weapon is best described as smooth and clean. WARNING!!! This gun will ruin your other AR's. You just won't enjoy them as much as this one.
Like apart of me .Super friendly.Super light weight. Easy to target. No worries. Love it. My go to one.
ROCK SOLID!1,000+ rounds through the barrel flawlessly. Shooting .75" groups, at 50 yards using an Aimpoint T-2, unmagnified. Subsonics are surprisingly low recoil and low percussion. The linear compensator works very well. The "Grip-N-Rip" charging handle is amazing. I upgraded the trigger to a Triggertech Diamond for less trigger travel and a shorter reset. Still waiting for delivery of a Dead Air Nomad-L to complete the package. I'm expecting scary quiet, <120db.
This DDM4-PDW pistol is extremely well built, very reliable, and rock solid right out of the box. Highly Recommended.
Thank you Daniel Defense!
Best PDW out thereSold my Sig Rattler after I got this gun.. enough said. DD makes the best products out there.
My new favorite!Just picked one up today (March 2021) and put 50 rounds through it at an indoor range. I had no problem zeroing with BUIS and keeping a tight group at 75 feet (max distance for target carrier). Now my only problem will be deciding on the best optic for it. Love the size, weight and caliber!
AWESOME GUNI FREEKEN LOVE THIS GUN,ITS AWESOME, VERY WELL BUILT GUN, MY FIRST DD.
Best PDW on the marketSolid PDW. Built solidly. There is a pride of ownership with DD firearms. This PDW tops them all!
Amazing WeaponUsed a DD MK18 as duty weapon prior to my retirement and was always impressed by the craftsmanship, accuracy and reliability. This DDM4 300 PDW is equally as incredible. Super compact, smooth, accurate and reliable. Looks great, feels great and operates even better. Def DD fan for good reason.