The DD5 V4, chambered in either 6.5 Creedmoor or 7.62x51mm NATO, provides users of the Daniel Defense semi-automatic platform even greater long-range precision shooting capability. The highly popular 6.5 Creedmoor takes advantage of superior ballistic coefficients to offer both flatter trajectories and reduced wind drift at levels normally reserved for much heavier recoiling long action calibers. These gains in ballistic efficiency help the modern shooter stretch the effective range out to 1,000 meters or more. This highly accurate and durable rifle includes an adjustable gas block that allows for a consistent feel whether shooting suppressed or unsuppressed. The perfected bolt carrier group reduces overall recoil impulse and is easy to maintain and operate in all conditions.
- User-adjustable gas block for reliable suppressed shooting
- Superfinished and DLC-coated bolt carrier group makes it easy to clean and operate in all conditions
- Bolt carrier is equipped with a buffer for optimized cycling and improved recoil impulse
- Bolt is designed with enhanced extractor geometry and dual ejectors for reliable cycling
- 18" Cold Hammer Forged proprietary steel chrome-lined barrel for a lifetime of accuracy and durability
- Innovative 4-Bolt Connection System to ensure greater accuracy
- GRIP-N-RIP independently ambi charging handle with anti-gas features for a better shooting experience
Materials & Construction
- LOWER RECEIVER: Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: DD Proprietary Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:8" (6.5 Creedmoor), 1:10" (7.62), 18″ S2W Profile, Rifle Length, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
- GAS SYSTEM: User-Adjustable Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Rifle Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Superior Suppression Device, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- TRIGGER: Daniel Defense Mil-Spec
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DD5 Rail 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, M-LOK Attachment, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 7 Position 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- MAGAZINES: Accepts All SR-25 Magazines
- Made in the USA!.
|5 ⁄ 8 × 24 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
|S2W® (Daniel Defense's proprietary Heavy Barrel)
|35 3/8" - 39"
|Magpul PMAG 20-Round
|Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
Superior Suppression Device
Designed to offer muzzle flash signature reduction and reduced muzzle rise
Cold-Hammer Forged Barrel
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Flared Magazine Well
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
Fully Ambidextrous Controls
Allows for maximum operator flexibility and comfort
Free Float Rail System
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Features M-LOK attachment technology
DD5 Pistol Grip
Ergonomic wrist angle and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
Adjustable Gas Block
User-adjustable gas block for reliable suppressed shooting
4-Bolt Connection System
4-Bolt Connection System, that attaches the barrel to the receiver without a barrel nut, ensures greater accuracy
GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle
Independently ambi charging handle with anti-gas features for a better shooting experience
- Bolt action performance in an ARAmazing overall gun. I've spent 3 times as much money on precision bolt action rifles that do no group as well as this gun does in 6.5 creedmoor. The suppressor setting works flawlessly. I highly recommend.
- Good gunSo far this gun is a tack driver. I'm shooting dimes at a 100 yards with a trijicon 3.5x35 ACOG. Only complaint is I'm getting odd dents and scratches on the neck of my brass. I think it's from the extraction process but not sure.
- A great precision rifle overall, but...Pros: It’s a great looking, well-built precision shooting rifle that shoots tight groups. Cons: The charging handle has a REALLY rough action and the larger recoil bumper is basically trash, it digs into your arm and is very uncomfortable even after firing minimal rounds (I just use the smaller recoil bumper and extend the stock one extra click).
- 6.5 creedmoor reviewRifle shoots amazing groups. My only complaint is about 6 or 7 times now I get a double feed. I’m shooting 140gr nosler rounds and lancer 25Rd magazine. Not sure if it’s the ammo, or if I’m filling the magazine all the way and that’s causing it or maybe the buffer spring needs replaced? I’ll shoot diff ammo and see.