DDM4®V7® (DANIEL DEFENSE® DEEP WOODS®)
The Daniel Defense V7 is the first rifle in the DDM4 lineup to feature the M-LOK attachment technology with the Daniel Defense MFR 15.0 rail. Built around a Cold Hammer Forged, 16” barrel, the V7 has a DD improved Flash Suppressor to reduce flash signature. The mid-length gas system provides smooth and reliable cycling under any condition and reduces both perceived recoil and wear on moving parts. A free-floating MFR 15.0 handguard offers incredible weight savings as well as superior cooling, ergonomics, and modularity while maintaining the strength and durability expected from Daniel Defense. With the M-LOK attachment points that run along 7 positions and an uninterrupted 1913 Picatinny rail on top, the V7 has plenty of room for the sights, optics, and accessories the user may require. The new independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters and is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and operator. The rifle is finished off with the rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 16″ Government Profile, Mid-length Gas System, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense MFR 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, M-LOK Attachment, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7076-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- FINISH: Daniel Defense Deep Woods
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||1⁄2×28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Product Weight||6.2 lbs|
|Length||32 ¼” – 35 7/8”|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
Excellent RifleExcellent Rifle
SweetThe best gun i ever shot.....ive got the .308 in the mail.....That Good!
Excellent firearmYour attention to detail and craftsmanship are second to none.
Nice firearm - missed the mark on quality assuranceI recently purchased the DDM4V7 in the Deep Woods Green. Absolutely love the firearm. Shoots incredibly well. Overall wonderful gun. Love the color and cerakote finish on it. However, the reason I don't give it 5 stars across the board is one thing I think DD truly missed. Quality Assurance. When my gun arrived and I pulled it out of the box the very first thing I noticed was the print job for the lettering on the cerakote. The bullet with the 5.56 on the left side of the gun was very poorly done and almost illegible. The DDM4V7 just behind that was faded and hard to read. On the right side, just above the M-Lock Rail the print job was very poorly done there as well. The only spot that looked nice was on top for the Picatinny rail. Those letters and numbers really pop out and look nice. Now I wasn't sure if mine was the way it was designed but I compared it to many other DD firearms and mine was the only one with the poorly printed finish. Now some gun owners might say, "Who cares what it looks like! You bought it to shoot it, not look at it!" While I do agree, I think that DD has built a very strong reputation for being one of the best AR Manufacturers on the market, and a part of quality is every little aspect of the gun (especially when spending $1,800 on a gun), and every little part matters. Daniel Defense really missed the mark on quality assurance and sending out a gun that does not meet their standards is a pretty poor reflection on them. Again, it shoots very well!
1st pick overall in 2018 AR15 marketDo your research, browse other comparable AR's in this price range, and take note of the manufacture's features. I think this is the best weapon in this price range available and am proud to own one.