16" 300 Blackout, Carbine, 1:8, S2W®
Our 16” 300 Blackout barrel is for those that seek the benefits this versatile round offers in an AR-15 build, including its ability to cycle subsonic rounds suppressed. The Strength to Weight profile barrel (Daniel’s Heavy Barrel) is Cold Hammer Forged from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Mil-spec heavy phosphate coated and chrome lined with 1:8 twist on a carbine length gas system.
|Barrel w/ LPG||2.37lbs|
|Manuf. Process||Cold Hammer Forged|
|Muzzle Thread||5 ⁄ 8 × 24 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Material||Chrome Moly Vanadium|
|Outside Finish||Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate|
|Gas System||Carbine Length|
|Diameter At Gas Port||.750″|
|Barrel Profile||S2W® (Daniel Defense's proprietary Heavy Barrel)|
- Great product, For all ammo, Spot onAmazing barrel, works, cycles, and locks back on last round for all grains. Used 220 grain without suppressor and had no issues with it being a carbine gas system. Very pleased with DD and this barrel.
- Great product, For all ammoThis barrel is awesome, was nervous about the carbine gas system not being able to fully cycle using subsonic ammo, Rifle cycled with all ammo ranging from 125 gr all the way up to 220 gr subsonic w/ an H buffer. Bolt locked back on last round and cycled no problem. 220 cycled a little slower but was expecting that and in normal. Very pleased with this barrel.
- Excellent barrelThis is my 50-yard fun-gun, and oh what fun!
Build detail: Anderson upper, AIM light weight BCG nickel boron coated, GunTec handguard, Daniel Defense, .300 AAC Blackout, 16", strength-to-weight. Lower is a Seekins, with a Velocity 3-pound trigger. Optic is a straight 4X Leupold.
Handloaded ammo is a 110 grain, Hornady VMax, over 20 grains of H110 and a SR primer.
Results: All shots touch at 50 yards. The zero stays zero, no shift in POA-to-POI.
These Daniel Defense CHF barrels are excellent! Please see my review of the 5.56 Strength-to-weight, rifle length gas barrel. It too is excellent!
Thank-you Daniel Defense!
- 300 AAC BarrelGreat barrel built to last. I have built 2 uppers with this barrel and they are accurate and fit and finish are perfect.Used a BCM upper receiver and the fir is tight but fits like a glove.Price is good also for a hammer forged barrel.I highly recommend this barrel for your next build...
- Great BuyDead on at 200 yards with 147 grain HP. Good barrel.
- .300 AAC Blackout BarrelBought one for my wife, fit and finish are awesome. Performance exceeds all my expectations. For the money, I'd have to say this is by far the best barrel. Accurate! Hammer forged goodness!
- Very koolBest barrel in the industry
- Best damn barrel I've ever bought. Shoots circles around wilson combat.Shoots in the same hole, so impressed had to buy two, now I want the same barrel with a pistol lenght gas system so I can shoot sub-sonics without a can. Gonna start saving for DD5v1. Wish you would sell it split up in a few pieces so I could buy it on my teacher's pay and small VA check I get from Uncle Sam.
- GRAB ONE!!!This was one of the more moderately priced barrels I had come across while building a 300 B/O. Having purchased it, I have not regretted it at any moment. Great finish, accurate, and the customer service with this company is fantastic! Purchase price is right where it needs to be for this barrel. If you find one out there, GRAB IT!